Thursday, May 26, 2011

Lemon Pie

I love to bake and always experimenting on baked stuff using recipes from cookbooks or websites so that my family will have something new to eat during our weekend merienda. Alas, cookbooks are no guarantee that what was published is good because oftentimes authors themselves haven't tried the ingredients.  If there are no leftovers, then its a sure winner unless my family and some friends are just too hungry or has no other choice. I came over a lemon pie recipe from the web and tried it myself since lemons from Divisoria were at that time cheaper. Sure enough, my family loved it so I want to share this recipe to you.

1- 9 inch deep dish pie crust, 1 1/2 cups sugar, 2 tbsp butter melted, 1/3cup all-purpose flour, 1/4 tsp. salt, 1/2tsp grated lemon peel, 5 tbsps fresh lemon juice, 3 eggs separated, 1 1/4 cups milk.

Directions:  1.Put rack on lowest position in oven; preheat oven to 375c 2.  In a bowl, stir together melted butted and sugar 3. stir in flour, salt, lemon peel and lemon juice 4.  in a bowl, beat egg yolks with milk until will blended and stir into lemon mixture 5.  in another bowl beat egg whites until they hold moist peaks 6.  fold gently egg whites into lemon mixture and pour filling into pie crust 7. Bake 45-55 minutes until the top is browned 8.  Let cool before serving.

No comments: